Matte Liquid Lipstick Madness!
Since The Love of Colour launched, the most popular board we’ve had is our Matte Liquid Lipcolour board - now with nearly 900 followers and 17,000+ monthly viewers (wow!). Considering the popularity of this board, I thought it would be necessary to also add on a Google Drive spreadsheet option to help decision making. Pertinent information such as price per ounce versus retail, whether or not a product is vegan or cruelty-free or not, if it has a parent company, and shade ranged offered is currently posted. It is still under construction, but right now it has 40+ brands/181 shades filled out as of today and I’m hoping to finalize all of this by Monday.
- Makeup Revolution has launched four new gorgeous shades for Fall, as pictured above. All shades are ￡3, vegan and cruelty-free and Makeup Revolution ships internationally.
- Aromi Beauty will be launching six more vegan matte liquid lipstick shades for fall. They’ve been posting sneak peeks of a bright orange,taupe, deep red brown, bright fuchsia, neon pastel purple, and black cherry. I’m hoping they’ll eventually make a full sized option of the black liquid lipstick that was posted a while back - the owner seems very receptive to color requests and has very quick turn around time from development to the product being for sale.
- We now have more details for the upcoming Jeffree Star Cosmetics launch - the matte liquid lipsticks will retail for less than $20 and will be cruelty-free and vegan. With the initial launch, it appears that the shades offered will be at a minimum black, purple, red, light beige and hot pink. The company will also be shipping world-wide once it launches.
- Makeup Academy (MUA) has now launched a new line of products similar to what’s available in the UK exclusively for CVS including matte liquid lipsticks in eight new shades.
- Dose of Colors has now launched their line of vegan liquid matte lipsticks which retail for $18 each and come in gorgeous tubes. Colors included are two shades of red, a warm purple (great alternative to Pretty Zombie Cosmetics’ Purple Poison) , a super rich blue-based purple, and a hot pink will be coming soon.
- Unfortunately, it has come to our attention that Pretty Zombie Cosmetics is experiencing massive delays and many people are waiting for orders placed in June and July with no communication from the owner. Pretty Zombie’s Black Cat was our first choice in recommending a vegan alternative to Lime Crime’s Black Velvet Velvetine. For now, we recommend that anyone looking for a vegan matte liquid lipstick should instead consider ordering through a 3rd party retailer, Makeup Revolution’s Black Heart (as seen above), using OCC's Tarred Cosmetic Colored Pencil which applies like a dream and blends beautifully and the upcoming offering from Jeffree Star and possibly one from Aromi.